I wish I had a better photo to share with you all, but I'm afraid I dont have many pictures of my caulimash recipe. Photo or no photo, this recipe is simple and DELICIOUS. Trick your friends by volunteerig to bring mashed potatoes to your next potluck. They won't know the difference.
2 heads of cauliflower
1 stick of butter
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c heavy cream (as needed for thinning)
Salt and pepper to taste
Snipped chives (optional)
1) Fill a large pot about five inches from the top with water and turn on medium high heat.
2) While water comes to a boil, trim and cut cauliflower. Once water is boiling add a tablespoon of salt and then add cauliflower.
3) Boil cauliflower until fork tender, about 15 minutes depending on the size. Dice butter.
4) Once fork tender, drain thoroughly. Take about 3/4 of the cauliflower florets and place in a food processor or high speed blender and process with butter until smooth. Take the remaining cauliflower and mash by hand with a fork.
5) Place all cauliflower in a large bowl. Add sour cream, and salt and pepper to taste, and thin out with cream as needed.
Enjoy. And please know, that if you don't LOVE sour cream (as I do) you can add less or omit.