Missing Italian food? Look no further! This recipe is easy, uses only one pan, and takes less than thirty minutes from prep to serve.
1/2 c tomato sauce (I use Muir Glen organic crushed tomatoes with basil, only 4 net carbs per serving!)
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 5 oz each)
1 c almond flour
2 oz grated parmesan (the real stuff!)
1c mozarella cheese
2 eggs, beaten
2-3 tbs of avocado oil (or whatever oil you usually cook with)
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F
2) Pound the chicken breasts until they are about 1/4 inch thick, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
3) Set up your breading station. In one plate add beaten eggswith Italian seasoning, and in a second plate add almond flour, parmesan cheese, and more Italian seasoning.
4) Dip chicken in egg, then breading, on both sides.
5) Preheat a large skillet to medium heat. When hot add oil, swirl the oil in the pan, then add breaded chicken.
6) Using a spatula to flip (cheese can get sticky!) cook chicken for about 5-7 minutes per side, until each side has a nice crust on it.
7) If using Muir Glen I suggest you season the sauce with salt and pepper.
8) In the same pann top chicken with sauce, then mozarella cheese.
9) Place in oven for about 15 minutes, until cheese is completely melted.
10) Eat! I just ate this with some cress. But zoodles would be great too!