Mouthwatering Stuffed Chicken
I promise, once you start making this it'll be a staple meal for you and your family! Simple and delicious... what more do you need?
6 chicken thighs
3 oz prosciutto (you ultimately need 6 slices)
3 oz chevre
3 sprigs each parsley, thyme, rosemary
2 cloves garlic, crushed (optional, but not really)
3 oz sliced red onion
6 bay leaves
1/4 c coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F
2) Finely chop the herbs and add to a bowl with the crushed garlic. Add in the chevre and mix until evenly combined. Divide mixture into 6 parts.
3) Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper to taste, keeping in mind that both the chevre and prosciutto are salty.
4) Pull back skin on top of chicken thigh enough to add herbed chevre and then with prosciutto. Fold skin back over. Repeat with all chicken thighs.
4) On a sheet pan arrange onion slices and bay leaves into six parts (one for each piece of chicken). Place chicken on top of bay leaves and onions, this will perfume the chicken as it bakes. Pour coconut oil evenly on chicken.
5) Put into the oven. After 20 minutes, using a large metal spoon, baste the chicken with the rendered fat and coconut oil in the pan. This will give you a nice golden crust. Bake another 20-25 minutes, or until the juices from the thighs run clear.
6) Voila! I serve this on top of mixed greens, and use the warm fat in the pan for dressing the salad along with a squeeze of fresh lemon.